•1 lb of Organic Lean Ground Turkey
•1tsp Mrs. Dash Garlic and Herb
•2 tbs of Red Onion
•¾ cup of grated Zucchini
•¼ cup grated Carrot
•2 tbs Parmesan Cheese
•2 tbs of Organic Ketchup
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Grate zucchini and carrot, and set aside with chopped onion. *make sure zucchini has been dried with paper towel to absorb moisture.
3. In a bowl combine meat, egg, Mrs. Dash, parmesan cheese, and ketchup. Mix with hands.
4. Fold vegetables into meatloaf.
5. Spray cupcake pan with olive oil. * If this is for a party, you may prefer to use tin liners.
6. Spoon meatloaf into individual cupcake tins about ¾ of a way high.
7. Bake for approximately 20 minutes.
Mashed Cauliflower Frosting
•½ head Cauliflower
•Organic Non-fat Milk
•Greek Yogurt Cream Cheese
•Kosher Salt/Fresh Ground Pepper
•1 tbs of Butter with Olive Oil
1. Boil cauliflower until it falls apart when speared.
2. In a Magic Bullet or mini food processor combine cauliflower, a splash of non-fat milk, garlic powder, and 2 tbs of greek yogurt cream cheese.
3. Blend until a smooth “potato” paste forms.
4. Add salt and pepper (to taste)
5. Plop one tablespoon of mash on individual turkey meatloaf cupcakes. (If making these ahead of time or for meal prep, wait to add until just before consumption).
12 servings (2 cupcakes per serving)
I apologize for this rant I am about to give, but the dietitian in me has to go off about this. I found this new 2 day/per week fasting diet published in Health Magazines September 2013 issue. First of all no one should ever be fasting to lose weight and a 500 calorie diet will do nothing for you but make your body think that you are starving, thus storing the food you do consume as fat and SLOWing your metabolism. Second, any diet that drastically restricts foods deprives your body of essential nutrients it needs making you moody, lethargic, and to put it bluntly, unhealthy. And third, of course you will lose weight if you deprive yourself, but the moment you can eat (the other 5 days of the week), your body will fight you to over consume to fill the depleted energy stores, and lets face it 90 percent of people will give in. This is an unhealthy, unrealistic approach to long-term weight loss. Skip the fad diets, eat healthy, and exercise.