I have been having a hard time digesting gluten lately so I decided to experiment with some flour free pumpkin muffins. I have to admit it was a fail the first few times, but I finally got it right and these are amazing!!!
Pumpkin Oatmeal Muffins
-1 1/2 cups of oats
-1/4 cup egg whites or egg beaters
-1/4 cup of plain nonfat greek yogurt
-1/4 cup veg oil or 1/2 cup applesauce
-nutmeg, cinnamon, ginger to taste (I like a lot!!)
-1 cup of pumpkin
-1/8 cup stevia
-tsp of baking soda
-tbs of baking powder
1. Preheat the oven to 350.
2. Mix all the ingredients in a large bowl until they form a consistent mixture. (You can put the oats into a food processor but I didn’t.) I let mine sit for 10 minutes so that the oats absorbed the batter.
3. Place baking cups into regular sized cupcake tray cups and spoon 2 tbs sized spoonfuls into each cup.
4. Bake for 15-20 minutes. They are finished cooking when a toothpick or knife can be stuck in them and come out clean!
5. Consume 1 muffin with a complete protein (eggs) for a yummy fall breakfast!!
Serving size: 12
1 cup of nonfat plain greek yogurt
2 tbs graited Parmesan cheese
2 tsp pepper
1 tsp sea-salt
1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
1) Preheat oven to 425
2) Mix yogurt, cheese, and seasonings in a medium bowl.
3) Coat chicken in batter and place on a nonstick baking pan.
4) Cook until crispy and sprinkle parmesan on top (optional)!!
1 1/4 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup yogurt, plain low fat
1/2 cup greek yogurt
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup splenda
1/3 cup sunflower or vegetable oil
2 1/2 ripe bananas, mashed
1 egg large egg
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
2 tsp baking soda
In a bowl mix together ingredients in a large bowl. Make sure to mix well!! Fill greased or paper lined muffin cups 2/3 full and bake for approximately 15 minutes.
Makes 12 muffins
Approximently 140 calories each